Let’s understand how to dress for our body type because different body types require different types of clothing.
Here we are not fighting against our reality, But we are simply trying some tricks to look proportionate according to our imperfectly perfect body by drawing all the attention to some portions of our body and shifting attention away from the other parts.
Knowing your body shape simply helps you to dress in a way or style your self to look balanced, well proportioned, and beautiful. So let’s find out How to dress for your body type.
Hourglass body shape
1) HOURGLASS ⧗- If your bust and hips are approximately the same sizes and your waist is strongly defined, then you have an hourglass body shape. Let’s see how to dress for your body type:-
Your assets – Your well-defined waist and proportionate body
What to highlight – Body curves, defined waist.
1) You get to highlight your waist with belts and a cinched waistline.
2)Choose V-neck and a low neckline that draws attention closer to your waist, which is your asset.
3)Look for knits and silk blends that gently fall over your natural curves.
4)Wrap and fitted style dresses are made to exaggerate your waist and highlight your hourglass shape.
5)Flowing dresses that are banded at the waist are perfect to show your curves.
Don’ts – over-sized and baggy style dresses like tent dresses, boxy dresses.
2) INVERTED TRIANGLE▼- Women with the inverted triangle body type usually have an upper body(shoulders and bust) wider than the hips. Sometimes with a less defined waistline (also called cone and V shape). So let’s find how to dress for your body type.
Your assets – Legs and broad shoulders
What to highlight – give more attention to your lower body.
1)Try on shorter skirts and dresses that show off your legs and draw attention away from your midsection.
2)Create more balance by keeping shoulders free of details and adding flares and fuller shapes below the waist to make your figure proportionate like peplum dresses.
3)Choose v –neck dresses which will draw more attention to your bust and elongate your upper body. Try Dark-colored dresses to look slim.
4)Use vertical lines above the waist and horizontal lines and details on the hips and below.
Don’ts – shoulder pads, halter tops, high wasted tops and dresses, strapless tops, spaghetti straps.
3) RECTANGLE ▮ – The main difference between rectangle-shaped figures and other body type is that women with this figure have similar, waist, hips and shoulder widths and usually does not have a defined waistline ( also called H frame and ). Let’s see how to dress for your body type:-
Rectangle body shape
Your assets – arms and legs, don’t have to minimize any body feature.
What to highlight – just highlight your waist, so your hips and shoulder look larger and more proportionate.
1)Aim to create more curves that move up and down from the middle area of your body.
2)Pick up a dress that exaggerates curves and add a belt when possible to create a waistline.
3)Necklines can be embellished with trips. Boat necks scoop necks, U neck, are suitable for this figure. Go for ruffles and frills to add textures, volume dimensions, and femininity to your figure.
4)Choose A-line skirts or dress, skaters skirts, and wrap dresses which will create the illusion of a narrow waist, skinny jeans are a good addition in the wardrobe.
5)large printed and patterned dresses, oversized or any styles that will not give you any shape, unless they are belted at the waist.
4) TRIANGLE ▲- Triangle and pear-shaped bodies have narrower shoulders than hips, typically with a smaller bust and waist ( also called a pear, spoon, or Christmas tree). So let’s discuss how to dress for your body type:-
Triangle body shape
Your assets – shoulders, torso, and flat belly.
What to highlight- give more attention to your upper body.
Do ‘s –
1)Look for the pattern only for your top as it draws all the attention to the upper half and helps to accomplish a balanced proportion.
2)Strapless, cowls, semi-fitted tops, halter tops are good options.
3)The hips and thighs being heavy should be hidden with dark-colored fabrics or with small prints, bright colored fabrics with bold prints can be chosen for tops.
4)Emphasis your slender upper torso with detailing, wear boat neck or scoop necks, off-shoulder styles and even plunging necklines to draw attention to the upper body. Go for straight cuts and loose pants.
5)Divert attention from your hips by keeping it plain, with no embellishments, details, and also avoid the hemline dresses.
6)Go for the horizontal stripes on the top half to widen your shoulder and bust, ruffled collar, bold jewelry, and trims.
super slim pants, pencil fitted skirt, pants with side pockets, anything which is pleated(bottom wear), do not wear any prints for the lower body clothes.
5) OVAL ⬤ –Your shoulders and hips/ thighs similar in width, rounded through the body, the waist is fuller than the hips. So let’s see how to dress for your body type:-
Oval body shape
Your assets – legs
What to highlight – minimize your tummy area and highlight shoulders and legs to create the illusion of a tiny waist.
1) When dressing tries to draw attention away from the tummy and waist area.
2)Choose tops that are loosely draped which help your body to look flatter, long tunics, V-neck dresses, or tops. Shoulder pads will make your shoulder broad and comparatively make your waist look smaller.
3)Try to create vertical lines with long jackets and long necklines.
4)Layering works beautifully to create the illusion of a defined waistline. Knee-length and short skirts work well showing off the shapely legs but not too short.
5)Dark-colored plain tunics and flowing fabrics will work amazingly for this body shape and also make you look slimmer.
Clothing that is tight around your waist, over-sized or tent dresses, wide belts, bulky and gathered skirt, wide lapels, and collar, tight bottom wear emphasize your heavy upper body.
WE ARE IMPERFECTLY PERFECT, JUST MAKING OUR BODY PERFECTLY IMPERFECT💚.