8 POPULAR SHADE OF INDIAN SKIN TONE CHART
Skin tone is the colour of your skin. It differs from darkest brown to lightest hues. Skin tone is different from your complexion. Here we will understand the shades of the Indian skin tone chart and the Indian region as per skin tone shades.
Indian skin tone is more of brown hues. In the Himalayan region( Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Manipur, Assam, and some more.) People have light skin tones. Our skin tone varies with the temperature as well as our regions.
In the middle parts of India (Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, etc.) People normally have a wheatish and light-brown skin tone because of moderate temperature and sometimes harsh sunlight, as per the seasons.
In Southern India, people generally have dark brown/dusky skin tones because of the climate conditions.
LET US KNOW MORE ABOUT THE INDIAN SKIN TONE CHART
The Indian skin tone chart is a shade palette/card that is used to check our skin tone shade. Mostly this type of shade card is used by cosmetic companies. As we all know there are many different shade cards, but here we are talking about the Indian skin tone chart. Indians are known as brown people, and the most popular shades of their skin tones are also brown hues. So let’s check the Indian skin tone chart.
INDIAN SKIN TONE CHART AND NAMES
Now, after understanding the Indian skin tone chart and shades. I want to guide you about skin undertones because it is important to dress according to your skin undertones. These undertones also guide you about the right shade of make-up. Let’s start.
WHAT ARE THE SKIN UNDERTONES?
Undertone is different from your actual skin tone. It is the underlying colour that your skin casts. Your skin tone can vary depending upon the sunlight or weather conditions, but the undertone will remain the same no matter what season it is.
There are three types of undertones:-
1)Warm skin undertone:- About 70% of Indians are having a warm skin undertone, because of yellowish skin. If there are more yellow, peach, and golden tones, then you are warm undertone and warm colours will compliment you. Try to wear colours like red, orange, yellow, peach, golden, olive, etc.
2) Cool skin undertone:- If the overall complexion of your skin is more of bluish hues and pinkish, then your undertone is cool. Cool colors like blue, green, purple, and shades of these colors will look extremely bright on you.
3)Neutral skin undertone:- If there is a blend of both warm and cool undertones or your undertone is the same as your actual skin tone then you are neutral. Neutral undertone people can pull off any color, any shade of their choice.
These three skin undertones will tell you the best colours for you and your skin tone that will enhance your complete appearance. Now we will find out that why it is important to know your skin undertones.
WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT SKIN UNDERTONES?
Proper knowledge of undertones is important for everyone because not your makeup is going to help you with the wrong shade of color you are wearing. No accessories and jewelry will enhance your look if you don’t know about the right shade.
As of now, you know the basic difference between skin tones and undertones. It can directly affect your appearance. Wearing the wrong colour can make you look dull and washed-out. Skin undertones will guide you with the perfect colours that will compliment your skin tone and can also make your skin look brighter.
There is no hard and fast rule of wearing colours that will compliment your skin tone only. You can choose any colour of your choice, but if you want to stand out in a crowd, then stick to the most suitable colours according to your skin tone.
If you are going to any big event or wedding, then wear colours that compliment your skin tone only, because the wrong colour will ruin your look as well as photographs. On a daily basis, you can go with any colour and shade of your choice.
A basic rule for undertones are:- If you are warm undertones, then pick warm shades to wear and cool colours for cool undertone. A neutral undertone is a blessing because they can wear any colour of their choice.
HOW TO FIND YOUR SKIN UNDERTONE?
There are three simple tricks to find your undertone:-
1) Check your wrist:-
- *If you are warm undertone, then your veins will look greenish because of the yellowish tone(yellow+blue=Green).
- *If your veins look purple, or blue then you are cool skin undertone because of your whitish skin tone (blue+ white= Blue).
- *People with neutral undertones will not determine which colour is more dominating in their veins. It may appear colourless or the same as your skin tone.
2) Try white dress test:-
- If your skin will look yellowish/ dull, or dark then you are a warm undertone.
- If your skin will look more pinkish, then you are a cool skin undertone.
- If you are a neutral undertone, then white will make you look brighter.
3) Sunburn test:-
- If your skin tan easily without any burning sensation, then probably you have a warm, or neutral undertone.
- If you are a cool skin undertone, then your skin will start burning without turning red.
4) Jewellery test:-
- The colour of your jewelry is another way to check your undertone. If gold jewelry is looking good with your skin then you are a warm skin undertone.
- If silver jewelry is complimenting you more than gold, then you are a cool undertone, but if gold and silver both are looking amazing on you, then you are blessed with a neutral undertone, anything can work for you.
5) Eyes and hair check:-
- Warm colour undertone:- If you have brown, amber and hazel eyes with black and blonde hair then you are warm undertone.
- Cool colour undertone:- If you have blue, grey or green eyes with brown and black hair, then you are a cool undertone.
Now, lets us find out the best colours that will look super attractive on the Indian skin tone chart. I will provide some of the affiliate links of dresses that you can buy if you want to. I am here just to provide the information related to the Indian skin tone chart.
BEST COLOURS AND DRESSES TO WEAR FOR INDIAN SKIN TONES:-
The colours you wear will decide whether we will look bright or dull. We Indians have yellowish skin, and which colour will look fantastic on us is completely dependent on our undertone and skin tone. Most of the women get confused while buying sarees or Kurtis. But here are some best colours that will look good on every Indian woman.
If your skin shade is light or medium then pastels, bright shades, and soft hues will look amazing on you. For medium skin tone, tropical colours like greens, teal, saffron, bottle green, these colours will work for you.
If you are dark skin person then go for earthy tones, like peach, light browns, greens, reds, and shades of grey.
If you are confused about any colour, then go for neutral colours and some other colours like blues, olive, plum white peach, etc. Always try to wear colour which is close to your skin tone. Be confident, wear what you love, there are no hard and fast rules for dressing. These are some simple tips that you can use to look more stylish and bright.
For more types on how to dress your body type then click here.
WHAT HAIR COLOUR SUITS THE INDIAN SKIN TONES?
Nowadays, coloured hair is in trend, and everyone wants to look different from others, everyone wants to stand out in a crowd. Hair colouring is always the first choice for everyone when it comes to change the look.
Trendy and the most attractive hair colours for Indians, are shades of browns, and reds. Moreover, choosing the right colour shade for hair is important because it has to compliment your skin and personality. Hair colours also depend upon the skin undertone. The wrong hair colour choice can ruin your entire appearance and make you look unnatural.
Indian skin is usually known as brown skin, and while choosing, hair colour makes sure that the hair colour should compliment your skin. You can check your skin tone in the Indian skin tone chart
Natural hair colour:-Choosing the right hair colour for Indian skin tone is more challenging than any other skin type, but natural colours like shades of browns and burgundy can be an ideal choice. All shades of browns are suitable and the safest option for most of the Indian skin tones.
HAIR COLOURS ACCORDING TO THE SKIN UNDERTONES
- Warm skin undertone– Warm skin tone person should pick shades like an iced brown, ash brown, mushroom brown, dark brown, and light brown, these are the shades that will complement the warm skin tone and help to balance the yellowish complexion. Avoid colours like blue, violet, white, and jet black as they will ruin your look.
- Cool skin undertones– cool skin tones have many hair colour options like cinnamon brown, chestnut brown, golden brown, caramel, mahogany, and toffee brown these are the shades of hair colour that will enhance your look. Avoid gold and bronze tones.
- Red hair colour:- Red comes in lots of shades, and it is a favorite hair colour amongst women. Red hair colour highlights are now in a trend, but it is a very tricky colour to play with, this colour shade is not for every skin tone.
According to skin tones, shades like light red and cooper red will work best for fair and cool undertones. If you are a warm skin tone then avoid red colour because it will make your skin more reddish.
Dark shades of red hair are a suitable choice for warm and olive skin tone women.
WHAT ARE THE THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE CHOOSING HAIR COLOUR?
1) Always select hair colour according to your skin tone, like warm undertones should prefer a cool colour like walnut brown, and cool undertones should choose a warm colour like cooper.
2) Don’t stick to the trends because what looks good on others might not work for you.
3) Choose a hair colour that is two shades lighter or darker than your natural hair colour.
Here are some best hair colours for Indian skin tones, that will look fabulous on your skin tone. You can use these hair colours at home very easily.
BEST MAKEUP FOR INDIAN SKIN TONE AND CHART
Just like skin undertones, makeup bases also have warm shades and cool shades for skin tones. While choosing the foundation shades, eye shadows, and lipstick shades, consider the undertones, if you are warm undertone then pick warm shades and cool colours if you have a cool undertone. This rule will make your makeup compliment your natural complexion. The wrong makeup and foundation shade can make you look dark and ashy.
FOUNDATIONS FOR INDIAN SKIN TONES
- Finding the perfect shade of foundation is not an easy task, but you can choose the right shade according to your skin undertone. Here, let us understand how to find the perfect foundation shade for Indian skin tones.
- Now, here are some tips for selecting the right shade for you.
- Always choose a yellowish foundation shade because the Indian skin tone base is yellow.
- Instead of tasting the foundation shade on hand, try to match it with your face. Always pick the shade that is close to your skin tone.
- Avoid too light a shade of foundation because it will make your skin greyish and dull.
- Pick a warm base foundation as 70% of Indians to have a warm skin undertone.
- Here are some best foundation shades for the Indian skin tone chart.
To know, more about the best foundation for Indian skin tone. Dark, Oily, Normal, and combination.
(You must read:- The best foundation for Indian skin tone )
BEST LIPSTICKS FOR THE INDIAN SKIN TONE
Almost every woman loves lipsticks and makeup but do you know that lipsticks shades can change your look completely. Yes, a wrong shade of lipsticks can make up washed-out. So always choose lipstick as per your skin tone. I will add some of the best lipsticks from amazon as per your skin undertones.
For example, the shades like red, Fuschia pink, bright shades, corals, and pinkish nudes will work amazing for cool skin undertones women. Because as your skin tone is whitish-blue so all the bright shades of reds and pinks will compliment your skin. If you are fair skin woman then definitely try bright shades to create drama. You can also try bright pink lipstick to grab attention. All these shades will brighten up the skin tone.
As for a warm skin undertone woman, you can choose the cool shades of red lipstick or brown. Such as caramel brown, crimson red, maroon, corals, and bright red colour to add a pop. All the shades of red and browns will look great on a warm skin undertone. If you look to experiment, then shades like purple, mauve, magenta pink and wine shade lipsticks are the best options.
All these lipsticks shades are according to skin tones but you can buy any lipstick of your choice. There is no hard and fast rule to stick with. Always wear a make that will give you a natural look. You can do a patch test on your neck to find a perfect shade of foundation.
1) What is an Indian skin tone called?
Indians have a yellowish-brown complexion, which is very close to the colour of wheat, and that’s the reason Indians generally have Wheatish skin. In India, skin tone varies according to climatic conditions and regions. Himalayan region people have a light skin tone, in the middle parts of India people generally have moderate or light brown skin tone, and in southern India, people are dark in colour because of harsh sunlight.
2) What colour will look good on an Indian skin tone?
Indian culture is all about bright and vibrant colours. People also choose bright colours for traditional attire, colours like pink, shades of green, peach, browns, and shades of red will complement Indian skin tone in the best way. Pastels shades like baby blue and purple will also work in most of situations. Choose complementary colours like blue and orange, red and green, and yellow and purple to look more proportionate.
3) What is an olive skin tone?
As we all know, there are three main undertones warm, cool, and neutral undertone. Some people don’t belong to any of these three categories because they have a natural green pigment, which is visible on the surface of the skin. Olive skin tone is between pale and dark. Light olive skin may have cream to beige tones, and dark olive complexions can vary from moderate brown.
All the products are from amazon and if you buy any products from these links then I will get a commission. But all the products are as per the undertones and skin shades. I tried to put everything related to the Indian skin tone chart and if you have any queries related to this topic, then you can comment below. I will surely answer all the questions.